3 Natural Skincare products I can't live without

Getting into a natural skincare routine is something that definitely didn't feel "natural" for me. For years I used products that were full of chemicals and the truth is, I didn't even think twice about it. I wrongly assumed that products with "active ingredients" and additives would be more effective to treat various skin conditions but I'm happy to report that I was wrong. YouTube vlogger Kendra Atkins of Vlog with Kendra recently put a new app on my radar called Think Dirty that lets you scan your beauty products and learn how toxic the ingredients are. It even suggests cleaner alternatives that are better for your skin. I had a great time scanning my beauty arsenal and I'm pleased to report that my skincare routine is "clean". Here are a few of my favorite natural products that I wish I would have started using sooner.




African Black Soap 
I stumbled upon African Black Soap by Alaffia on Amazon.com (it was one of the products "suggested" to me on the site) and found out that the company is based out of Olympia, so I decided to give the cleanser a try. There are numerous benefits to using African Black soap and aside from the fact that it's great for combination skin, I love the fact that you can use it as a face wash, shampoo and even a shaving cream. It also works for clearing up dry skin and acne. You can get African Black Soap by Alaffia locally at Super Supplements, Whole Foods and of course, Amazon.com.

Rose Water Toner
Traditional toners usually contain alcohol which can be very drying for the skin and for those of us who depend on these products to get rid of oil, doing without them can be a deal-breaker. Say hello to Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner that smells sweet and has soothing aloe to tone skin without stripping it. I use this product as part of my regular skincare routine and love the fact that it doesn't contain alcohol. You can buy this product locally at Bartell Drugs and Super Supplements.

Apple Cider Vinegar
Ok, first things first. The smell of apple cider vinegar isn't the best, but the results are amazing, so bear with me. I started using Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar when I was pregnant because I didn't want to use chemicals to spot treat acne but I desperately wanted clear skin. This stuff really works! You can dilute it and use it as a toner or use it full-strength on spots as an overnight treatment. I apply it when needed after washing my face and wake up with clear skin. It's my little secret weapon. You can buy Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar locally at most grocery stores including QFC and Safeway.

So stop slathering your skin with chemicals and give these natural skincare products a try. You'll save money and love the results.












Top photo c/o Pretty Girl Make-up Artistry
Share on :
3 Natural Skincare products I can't live without
3 Natural Skincare products I can't live without
Reviewed by Winslett
Published :
Rating : 4.5